How the Agile Software Development Manifesto ideals align with Gartner’s Top 10 Technologies for 2015
From the above article, “Gartner’s Top 10 Technology Trends for 2015: All About the Cloud”, it is It is no surprise that only two of these technologies have been on this list for more than two years running (IoT and Cloud/client computing). Four of them are on the list for the first time and four appear for a second year.
Gartner’s Top 10 Technologies for 2015:
1. Computer Everywhere
2. Internet of Things
3. 3D Printing
4. Advanced, pervasive and invisible analytics
5. Context-rich systems
6. Smart machines
7. Cloud/client computing
8. Software-defined applications and infrastructure
9. Web-scale IT
10. Risk-based security and self-protection
The Agile Software Development ideals are:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools – the Gartner list includes cloud and related technologies. Almost all of these involve interactions between users and the myriad of devices that are proliferating today.
- Working software over comprehensive documentation – documentation, no longer exhaustive and comprehensive, is needed only to the extent to get users to interact with their devices. Users can now find the gaps and details in the user community through social media, blogs, and YouTube videos.
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation – customer collaboration and relationships are the keys for technology companies to provide their services and products and create the synergy to drive technology changes.
Responding to change over following a plan – year over year changes and new entries in the Gartner list, points to an increasing rate of technology change and how technology companies responds to that change is paramount.